Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup 7.1

2011-04-29 12:38:05
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup 7.1
From: "Lightner, Jeff" <jlightner AT water DOT com>
To: "Justin Piszcz" <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 12:38:01 -0400
There appear to be differences in where fully qualified domain names
need to be used.

We have moved most of our environment to 7.1 but do have a few
outstanding issues:

Can't backup SQL 2000 on MS 2000 (not supported - we put the NBU 6.5.4
client on this server since there isn't a 7.1 version.   Someone on this
list says they got it working with 7.0.1 master and 6.5.3 client.).

MS-Exchange 2010 GRT restores don't seem to work.   We have a case open
for this and have been providing info.   This morning we're hearing this
may be a known issue with migrating mailboxes from Exchange 2003 to 2010
and there may be an engineering binary available.   No confirmation yet.

Issue with bpclntcmd not resolving correct client names from HP-UX media
server.   (See forum for my posts on that topic.)

Also we're running a RHEL6 (Linux) master and I'm seeing system lockups
whenever we try to push extremely large items there.   I first saw this
when setting up vaulting which duplicates Data Domain to Quantum i6000
tape robot.   Earlier in the week saw it again when I tried to push
large Exchange (old Exchange 2003) backup to Data Domain.   Both of
these issues were mitigated by using the HP-UX media server for vaulting
and to do the backup.   (However the backup is the one affected by the
bpclntcmd issue above.)