Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Backup Archive and Restore taking forever on DR server

2011-02-09 16:58:48
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Backup Archive and Restore taking forever on DR server
From: Heathe Yeakley <hkyeakley AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Infantino, Joseph" <jinfanti AT harris DOT com>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 15:58:41 -0600
My apologies, I should have added that.

In my live environment, I have two servers:
ziggurat - Master/Media RHEL4
obelisk - media RHEL4

For "DNS" I'm just relying on the /etc/hosts file as I'm only trying
to recover 5 systems. The source system that I'm restoring from is not
here, not have we built a replica on it. I'm trying to browse files
that were backed up on server-A in my live environment and restore
them to server-B here in the DR environment.

I can browse down the directory tree, it just takes 20 minutes to do
what I can do in 10 seconds in prod. I'm assuming it's trying to call
out the server-A. I don't see why it should have to do that since the
metadata for the restore files should be in the catalog here on my
master server.

-Thanks.

- HKY