Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Backup Archive and Restore taking forever on DR server

2011-02-10 11:45:33
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Backup Archive and Restore taking forever on DR server
From: Ed Wilts <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: Bryan Bahnmiller <bbahnmiller AT dtcc DOT com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 10:45:26 -0600
On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 9:58 AM, Bryan Bahnmiller <bbahnmiller AT dtcc DOT com> wrote:
Ed, Rusty,

   Have you noticed if the load on the DNS servers has gone down? I remember building an HPUX master server with thousands of clients. Our master server hammered the DNS server. We ended up configuring a DNS caching server on our own master. It didn't add a lot to the load on the master, and it severely reduced the network traffic to the DNS server and almost eliminated the load on the DNS server.

We have never seen an issue with high DNS server utilization.

   .../Ed