Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] 2 master servers with netbackup 6.0 MP4

2010-03-24 16:26:27
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] 2 master servers with netbackup 6.0 MP4
From: A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT taos DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 20:26:05 +0000
On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 01:22:24AM -0700, Grigore Petrisor wrote:

> First thing, we tried to partition the library and it didn?t work. I
> mean the second server was always ?seeing? the robotics as controlled
> by the first server.

That sounds like either a problem with the library or the
configuration.  The partitions should be independent just so you can do
this sort of thing.

> Whatever we tried, we didn?t succeed to set it as locally controlled. Should
> we
> try and reinstall the second server? I think this is the best solution... As
> for
> the library partitions, we didn?t manage to assign one partition to a server
> particularly, you just create two partitions and the two servers are ?seeing?
> all the drives. Is it because switch zoning or you could divide the drives
> between the two servers as long as you keep the same drive assignment as the
> partition?s?

If the drives are directly connected to the fabric, you're responsible
for zoning them to the right machines.

If the drives go through the library for access, then maybe you can set
some access controls there.

Since library partitioning is a logical construct, either the library
gives you a way to control access (WWN masking or something), or it
gives you independent physical ports that you can use.

--
Darren