Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] 2 master servers with netbackup 6.0 MP4

2010-03-23 07:26:10
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] 2 master servers with netbackup 6.0 MP4
From: Ed Wilts <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: Grigore Petrisor <edy25ro AT yahoo DOT com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 06:25:25 -0500
SSO allows you to share drives between a master server and multiple media servers.  It's not meant to share drives between 2 master servers. A master server controls access to all of the tape drives within a robot - you can't have 2 masters with this control.

I don't know how the logical libraries work on that type of tape drive but SSO is not the answer.

   .../Ed