Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Upgrading NetBackup from 5.1 to 6.5.3

2009-05-28 10:44:32
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Upgrading NetBackup from 5.1 to 6.5.3
From: "WEAVER, Simon \(external\)" <simon.weaver AT astrium.eads DOT net>
To: "Jenner, Steven" <Steven.Jenner AT Intl.Telstra DOT com>, <Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 15:41:16 +0100
Steve
Essentially, I done an upgrade yesterday. It was not too bad - make sure your NBCC -upgrade is absolutely clean before starting.

For me, I took an image backup of the Master Server, Full Catalog Backup of Master / SAN Media Servers to disk and tape and then removed tape from the library.

Made an "offline" copy of catalog to a completely seperate disk while Services were down and Registry keys and license keys of all Master / Media Servers.
Made sure I had the 5.1 Software and MP7 to hand (just in case I had to revert).

Finally, check no backups are running during this phase.

My environment was all Windows and apart from one niggle problem to do with ltid, I had to raise a call with Symantec to get this fixed. Otherwise, its been ok.

Simon