Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Upgrading NetBackup from 5.1 to 6.5.3

2009-05-28 10:32:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Upgrading NetBackup from 5.1 to 6.5.3
From: "Jenner, Steven" <Steven.Jenner AT Intl.Telstra DOT com>
To: <Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 15:28:47 +0100

Hi All,

I am planning on upgrading my NetBackup solution this weekend from 5.1 to 6.5.3, I have followed the latest upgrade checklist and everything looks good to go.

Does anyone out there who has already performed this upgrade have any words of caution or gotcha’s that they can offer?

My solution consists of one Solaris 9 master server and two Solaris 9 media servers connected to 10 LTO2 tapes drives via fibre.

The clients are a mixture of Windows, Linux and Solaris but they will be upgraded at a later date.

Thanks in advance,

Steve.