Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Qualstar Libraries??

2009-05-18 16:57:57
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Qualstar Libraries??
From: Rusty.Major AT sungard DOT com
To: "Tschida, Tom (STP)" <tom.tschida AT bsci DOT com>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 15:54:43 -0500

Tom, sorry no experience with that library, but I have used both the Scalar i2k and the SL3000 (and SL8500 but you didn't mention that one). I think either one of those are great libraries, but I'd give the nod to the SL3000 for its optional dual longbot configuration.

Rusty Major, MCSE, BCFP, VCS ▪ Sr. Storage Engineer ▪ SunGard Availability Services ▪ 757 N. Eldridge Suite 200, Houston TX 77079 ▪ 281-584-4693
Keeping People and Information Connected® ▪ http://availability.sungard.com/
P Think before you print
CONFIDENTIALITY:  This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential, proprietary and privileged information, and unauthorized disclosure or use is prohibited.  If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete this e-mail from your system.

"Tschida, Tom (STP)" <tom.tschida AT bsci DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

05/18/2009 10:54 AM

<veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
cc
Subject
[Veritas-bu] Qualstar Libraries??

Hello All,

We are in the middle of a Physical Tape Library selection process.  We have narrowed down our choices to the Quantum Scalar series and the STK SL3000, but I came across some info on the Qualstar SLX library and it looks very intriguing.

So finally to the question.  Is anyone out there using the Qualstar SLX and what are your thoughts?  Happy?  Disappointed?  How's the speed, reliability, etc?

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Tom Tschida