Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Need to Monitor Multiple Master Server through Admin Console

2009-02-17 05:31:55
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Need to Monitor Multiple Master Server through Admin Console
From: Dean <dean.deano AT gmail DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 21:21:11 +1100
If you are talking about the Windows Admin Console (not the Java one), your desktop hostname has to be added as a server on all master servers you want to manage, and they need to be able to fully resolve the desktop's hostname and IP address.

Check that there is a SERVER=xxxx entry for your desktop in each of the master server's bp.conf files. Then run bpclntcmd -hn and bpclntcmd -ip from the servers back to your workstation to check that everything resolves nicely.

Cheers,
Dean