Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Disc Staging Area Full

2008-08-26 00:12:10
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Disc Staging Area Full
From: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 22:55:46 -0500
On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 10:34 PM, Crowey <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com> wrote:

A couple of weeks ago I had a synthetic backups snafu (which is fixed now) that meant it started doing a big differential dump to our disc staging area.

Like I said, snafu fixed, but images still there - and while due to expire in next day or two, I've run out of space now.

Can I safely delete these images manually?

Not really - don't delete stuff in a staging area manually since there are entries in the catalog pointing to those images.  Do a bpexpdate on the copy that's on the DSSU - there is a copy argument that you'll need to pass.  If you delete the files manually, you may run into a case where you try to do a restore and it will fail because the entries are cataloged but the media doesn't exist.

.../Ed

Ed Wilts, RHCE, BCFP, BCSD, SCSP, SCSE
ewilts AT ewilts DOT org