Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Most recent stable release?

2008-08-21 11:48:46
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Most recent stable release?
From: "WALLEBROEK Bart" <Bart.WALLEBROEK AT swift DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 16:22:00 +0200
2 weeks ago we moved over from 5.1 on HP-UX to 6.5.2a on a clustered
Windows 2003 R2 32-bit server, 30 Media Servers all migrated as well (in
one go) with a mix of Windows, Solaris and HP-UX Media Servers).

To be honest I have to say that all went well (catalog migration
included) wihout any major issues.

First step was to move 5.1 from HP-UX to the Win cluster and I have to
say the admin console was somewhat slow afterwards.  However once we
moved to 6.5.2a the admin console was lighting fast (Windows cluster has
2 Xeon Quad cores with 16GB memory / each node).

Last step (next week) is to upgrade to Windows 2003 64-bit.

We did not had to install any engineering patch so from my point of view
I must say that this version is stable.

Bart Wallebroek
SWIFT

Message: 2