Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Media Server Migration

2008-08-22 18:01:21
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Media Server Migration
From: "Mike Andres" <mandres AT brocade DOT com>
To: "Dean" <dean.deano AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 15:48:07 -0600

Same here, that’s pretty much my plan.  However, with large catalog’s that bpmedia –movedb step can literally run for days, even weeks on a media server with many tapes.  I’ve thought about using bpimage to move the images rather than the media.  I haven’t tested it thoroughly yet.  Does anyone have experience with this alternative, is it any faster?  Is it sufficient to move image and tape ownership away from the migrating media server?