Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] rsync and SSH between production and lab

2007-08-29 16:28:42
Subject: [Veritas-bu] rsync and SSH between production and lab
From: "Stump, Bob A" <Bob.A.Stump AT fnis DOT com>
To: <Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 14:54:05 -0500

Hello,

I am leery about a request that came in to setup rsync between the production master server and the master server at a DR site for keeping the NetBackup catalog up to date. I know there is always supposed to be a separation of production and DR/lab sites in order to protect the safety and well being of the production site. Rsync works with the superuser root having ssh capabilities both ways. GASP!

However, I know there are some of you that use this approach. How do you protect your production site with confidence that you and your management keep your jobs?

Thanks,

Bob Stump