Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] ACSLS+SL8500 Issues Remain..

2006-12-18 13:24:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] ACSLS+SL8500 Issues Remain..
From: SJACOBSO at novell.com (Scott Jacobson)
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 11:24:03 -0700
Justin,
For my benefit as well, a review from all the suggestions.
1.Make sure vm.conf has specific entries:
ACS_TCP_RPCSERVICE
ACS_SSI_HOSTNAME = media_server.your.domain.com
ACS_SSI_SOCKET = media_server.your.domain.com 13741
ENABLE_AUTO_PATH_CORRECTION (optional)
2. From cmd_proc use:
ACSSA> display drive *,*,*,* -f type serial_num
2006-12-18 10:45:59 Display Drive
Acs Lsm Panel Drive Type Serial_num
0 0 1 0 HP-LTO-2 HUM9X00200
and make sure the serial numbers, acs, lsm, panel and drive number match up
with what is displayed under devices/hosts on the master server.
And though this is painful, I would again try:
1. Tail the acsss_event.log (good for viewing results for the below suggestions)
2. From ACSSA use the mount command to move a tape into each drive and verify
it lands in the correct acs, lsm, panel and drive by using *query drive all*
and look for the vol ser.
3. From the Veritas device (Master/Media server) controlling the drives, use
robtest to again move a tape into each drive and verify it lands in the correct
acs, lsm, panel and drive, then look under Device Monitor and locate the vol
ser that is mounted and select Drive Details. Make sure the acs, lsm, panel and
drive from Veritas matches the acs, lsm, panel and drive from *query drive all*.
If they don't match, 1) you may have a zoning problem or 2) you've possibly
configured your drives incorrectly with Veritas.
If that isn't it, I'll anxiously be awaiting to hear what Veritas finds.
Scott

>>> Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz at lucidpixels.com> 12/18/2006 9:58 AM >>>
Still not resolved, working with Veritas/STK on this.

Veritas-bu maillist  -  Veritas-bu at mailman.eng.auburn.edu