Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] ACSLS+SL8500 Issues Remain..

2006-12-11 10:24:33
Subject: [Veritas-bu] ACSLS+SL8500 Issues Remain..
From: jpiszcz at lucidpixels.com (Justin Piszcz)
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 10:24:33 -0500 (EST)
Hi all,

I tried everyone's suggestions thus far, have not had any luck though:

1) tried using TCP communication on all the media servers instead of UDP
2) tried increasing the media unmount delay from 120 seconds to 600
seconds, 10 minutes

And the problem remains/persists, I kick off 45 jobs and NetBackup shows
32 active jobs.  However 1/2 or 3 (random) jobs will hang saying 'Mounting
MediaID' - I can check ACSLS and run query drive *, the tape it is
requesting sometimes is and is not in the drive that it is supposed to be
in, confusing... For firmware, what is the current/latest firmware and for
those who have SL8500s without any issues, what firmware are you running?

Justin.