Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Huge incrementals, with little data change

2005-11-16 11:44:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Huge incrementals, with little data change
From: Steve.Bally AT radisys DOT com (Steve.Bally AT radisys DOT com)
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 08:44:00 -0800
--=_alternative 005BEB8A882570BB_=

All,

Here is the situation, I have a server that has about 250Gb of used space,
and the incrementals are backing up over 215 GB every night, this is a
remote office and there is not that much activity on the client to warrant
the incrementals backing up that much data every day.

The NBU Environment is:

Win2k3 Master/Media
NBU 4.5 FP7

Client is a Windows 2k3
NBU 4.5 FP6

I am having a very difficult time trying to figure out why all this data
is being backed up every night.

Thanks,

Steve Bally
Systems Engineer
RadiSys Corporation
www.radisys.com
steve.bally AT radisys DOT com
Desk: 503-615-1207
Cell: 503-970-6201

This electronic message (Email) contains information which may be
confidential, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. The
information is intended to be used solely by the named recipient(s). If
you are not a named recipient, any review, disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of this transmission or its contents is prohibited. If
you have received this transmission (Email) in error, please notify me
immediately.
--=_alternative 005BEB8A882570BB_=

that has about 250Gb of used space, and the incrementals are backing up
over 215 GB every night, this is a remote office and there is not that
much activity on the client to warrant the incrementals backing up that
much data every day.</font>
to figure out why all this data is being backed up every night.</font>
Steve Bally<br>
Systems Engineer<br>
RadiSys Corporation<br>
www.radisys.com<br>
steve.bally AT radisys DOT com<br>
Desk: 503-615-1207 <br>
Cell: 503-970-6201<br>
This electronic message (Email) contains information which may be confidential,
privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. The information is intended
to be used solely by the named recipient(s). If you are not a named recipient,
any review, disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this transmission
or its contents is prohibited. If you have received this transmission (Email)
in error, please notify me immediately.</font>
--=_alternative 005BEB8A882570BB_=--