Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] only allow the backup to run in the backup window

2005-08-15 11:00:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] only allow the backup to run in the backup window
From: pkeating AT bank-banque-canada DOT ca (Paul Keating)
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 11:00:47 -0400
Are you talking about disallowing clients to initiate their own backups?
Or disallowing your backup admins to initate backups?

If you want to stop clients from initiating them, then that's part of
the "user backup" schedule.
Change the user backup window to only allow user backups when you want.

If you want to stop your backup operators/admin from starting jobs, I'd
think that's more of a policy issue in your organization, as I can't see
any advantage to not allowing your operators to do their job.

Paul