Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] only allow the backup to run in the backup window

2005-08-15 10:46:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] only allow the backup to run in the backup window
From: hsuj AT optonline DOT net (hsuj AT optonline DOT net)
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 10:46:55 -0400

--Boundary_(ID_tNtwmDWPvWkVPsxfLQeb1g)

David,

I am asking to disable the MANUAL backup when it is out of backup window.

What you are saying is in the situation of the schedule automatic backup, and I
know this is controlled by the defined policy. However, what I am asking is
when the backup window expired, people can manually startup the backup, and If
there is any way I can disallow them to do that.

--Boundary_(ID_tNtwmDWPvWkVPsxfLQeb1g)

* hsuj AT optonline DOT net <hsuj AT optonline DOT net> [2005-08-13 10:55]:
> I wanted to restrict the backup to be started or restarted in the
> backup time window defined in NetBackup policy. When it is out of the
> time window, the startup/restart is not allowed.
>
> to achieve that, I am thinking if there is NetBackup parameter feeding
> in bpstart_notify script, and thus we can add a logic in the script to
> see if the time is out of the backup window or not, if it is, then
> exit from the script.

You are overthinking it. This is what NetBackup's schedule windows do
already. They define the time that a backup is allowed to start. So, if
your window is from 01:00 to 04:00, if the backup tries to run at 05:00,
it will fail with a 196. No bpstart_notify logic is necessary.

--
David Rock
david AT graniteweb DOT com

--Boundary_(ID_tNtwmDWPvWkVPsxfLQeb1g)--