Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] incremental backup gets all files

2004-12-08 07:34:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] incremental backup gets all files
From: ewilts AT ewilts DOT org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 06:34:18 -0600
On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 12:34:33AM -0800, Eric Ljungblad wrote:
>  Do  you  have delete files after archive /backup selected?

For that policy, Deiter Scott doesn't want TIR at all. After all, if
files never get deleted, there's no point in doing the TIR work - a
restore of the full plus the latest incremental will get him exactly
what he wants.  There would have been no files deleted between the full
and incremental and that's what TIR would have helped with.

        .../Ed