Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Help with Media Server Setup netbackup 5

2004-12-08 06:11:36
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Help with Media Server Setup netbackup 5
From: dave.markham AT fjserv DOT net (Dave Markham)
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 11:11:36 +0000
Thanks for the replies.

I have ran along a couple of things along the way however.

Do i administrate all these media servers etc from the master server gui
or commands. If so do i do the device config there or on each media
server with tpconfig?

To make things more complicated the interface of the media servers which
is on a management network that the master server is on, is not the
primary interface of the media server and so i need to add entries into
bp.conf and vm.conf, so say  REQUIRE_INTERFACE = <hostname>-mgmt

Now the extra line of DEVICE_HOST=     worries me because i would have
thought the device host is the master server.

During install of media servers it asked which was the global device
host or something similar to which i answered the master server, but i
am not sure if this step completed or not. How can i check?

I currently cannot seem to see the media servers listed as media servers
in the gui. I have added them as clients to a policy and that connection
works. I added things to use vnet, but not sure how to make the media
servers talk to master server via vnet if any different. I just did the
bpcllient -update -no_callback 1  and the -add  from the master server.

Thanks
Dave