Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Frozen Media

2004-08-09 12:53:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Frozen Media
From: bluejay AT fujigreenwood DOT com (Adametz, Bluejay)
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 12:53:11 -0400
> Where can I monitor for tapes that are being frozen?  I would like to
> set up a process to monitor the media.  We are having a problem with
> either bad media or drives, and I would like to collect data on the
> tapes and which drive the were in.  This is complicated by
> the fact that
> we have the master and then 3 additional media servers.

The file /usr/openv/netbackup/db/media/errors can be quite useful in these
cases. This file collects entries for all media errors, whey they happened,
with which tapes in which drives. You can collect those files from your
media servers and sort, correlate, etc... then to derive which tapes and/or
drives might be causing your problems.

                                                - Bluejay Adametz

He or she who laughs......lasts.