Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Frozen Media

2004-08-10 14:52:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Frozen Media
From: tlewick AT hrblock DOT com (Lewick, Taylor)
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 13:52:05 -0500
I have a script that I use to find all the frozen media for that day,
and the reason it was frozen, but I don't do it real time.  I guess you
could just daemonize it and modify it.  I use it because if I see the
reason, tape is unmountable and cannot be used for backups, 99% of the
time something is physically wrong with the tape and needs to be
deleted.  Every once in a while it was put back in upside down, which
technically is still a physical problem.  Anyway, here is the output..
Let me know if you are interested...

DH2590, it contains NetBackup database backup data and cannot be used
for backups
HH0734, it is write protected and cannot be used for backups
HH0874, it is unmountable and cannot be used for backups
DH2018, it has had at least 3 errors in the last 12 hour(s)