Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] image expiration

2004-08-04 09:58:56
Subject: [Veritas-bu] image expiration
From: yxiao2004 AT gmail DOT com (Yang Xiao)
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 09:58:56 -0400
Hi all,
I have still having problems with backup images not expiring in a
timely manner. I have tried
# touch /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/CLEAN_IN_BACKGROUND

# /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpimage -cleanup -allclients

and I ran after 24 hours.
bpdbm -consistency

however, images that are supposed to have expired yesterday are still
on the drive. I can expire them with another bpimage -cleanup command,
but why isn't this working? Since I have limited amount of disk space
to store the images, I really can't wait to see whether they will
eventually expire sometime later. Any suggestions will be welcome!

Yang