Veritas-bu

Update: Re: [Veritas-bu] BMR and Lotus Notes

2004-06-09 12:57:40
Subject: Update: Re: [Veritas-bu] BMR and Lotus Notes
From: Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA (Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA)
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 11:57:40 -0500
--=_alternative 005D2B9D86256EAE_=

veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu wrote on 06/01/2004 09:22:47 AM:

> We backup our lotus notes server in two parts
>
> 1) Windows 2000 with all lotus db's excluded (ntf's and nsf's)
> 2) Lotus notes using only the DB's using the Veritas Notes Agent.
>
> I'm going to be doing a BMR of my lotus notes server tomorrow.

I just thought i would post an update.

I talked to veritas and they said Domino needs to be up and running in
order to do a restore.

I then called lotus. They say that in order to get Domino running you need
one database called names.nsf

As names.nsf is located in the "Hot Backup" i'm in a catch22.

Names.nsf is also one of those db's that the veritas agent cannot restore
while running. So my only other solution is using the notes client to
create a copy of names.nsf to names.dr so that the win2k backup policy
picks it up.

Copying names.nsf to names.dr on a daily basis using the notes client
isn't my idea of fun. So i'm going to see if there is a way of copying it
using a Lotus dos utility.

The hot backup only backs up nsf, ntf and box files. so all the other
files in the domino directories get backed up using my windows policy.
This makes a BMR of the box possible.

--=_alternative 005D2B9D86256EAE_=

06/01/2004
09:22:47 AM:<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; We backup our lotus notes server in two parts <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; 1) Windows 2000 with all lotus db's excluded (ntf's and nsf's) <br>
&gt; 2) Lotus notes using only the DB's using the Veritas Notes Agent.
&gt; <br>
&gt; I'm going to be doing a BMR of my lotus notes server tomorrow. <br>
</tt></font>
be up and running in order to do a restore.</tt></font>
Domino running you need one database called names.nsf</tt></font>
i'm in a catch22.</tt></font>
agent cannot restore while running. So my only other solution is using
the notes client to create a copy of names.nsf to names.dr so that the
win2k backup policy picks it up.</tt></font>
the notes client isn't my idea of fun. So i'm going to see if there is
a way of copying it using a Lotus dos utility.</tt></font>
so all the other files in the domino directories get backed up using my
windows policy. This makes a BMR of the box possible.</tt></font>
--=_alternative 005D2B9D86256EAE_=--