Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Stopping ltid

2004-04-20 10:14:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Stopping ltid
From: cecchind AT qwestip DOT net (David Cecchino)
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 10:14:46 -0400 (EDT)
I wouldn't kill with -9, the best way of stopping ltid is "stopltid" , but
I wouldn't do that either, normally if you stop your ltid it messes things
up and if you have any active jobs you will get vmd not active errors/ltid
not active, or some other funky status codes. The best way I think is
bringing down netbackup and bringing it back up, this way any defunct
processes that may have been spawned from ltid that weren't removed from
stopltid are pretty much stopped , and you can verify from bpps -a output.

dave