Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] VSR

2004-04-20 11:05:42
Subject: [Veritas-bu] VSR
From: Nathan.Embery AT crowncastle DOT com (Embery, Nathan)
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 11:05:42 -0400
Well, since it doesn't produce any real log files, there's not a whole lot
you can do with it. You can, however, query the event logs and pull out the
VSR stuff. I use a scheduled task to call this perl script and send the
output to blat. You'll need the resource kit, or the perl WMI module to do
the equivalent, but its horribly slow and not worth it.
Hope it helps,

Nate

====================
# pull all VSR logs from application event log from last 2 days
# nembery 02/12/04
use POSIX;

# get some dates to work with, today and yesturday

$today_date = strftime("%m/%d/%Y", localtime);
$yesturday_date = strftime("%m/%d/%Y", localtime(time - 86400));

@lines = qx[ "C:\\Program Files\\Resource Kit\\elogdmp.exe" ccicusdata2
Application ];

@rlines = reverse(@lines);                              # get files order
starting with the most recent

foreach (@rlines)
{
    @parts = split(",", $_);                    # comma separated values,
dump into array
    foreach (@parts)
    {
        if(($parts[0] =~ /$today_date/) || ($parts[0] =~ /$yesturday_date/))
        {
            if($parts[2] =~ /Storage Replicator/)       # is the source STR
?
              {
                  if($parts[8] ne $last_message)        # stomp out annoying
duplicate messages
                  {
                        print "$parts[0]\t$parts[8]\n"; # yep, lets print it
then...
                  }
                  $last_message = $parts[8];
            }