Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Red Hat 9 Backups

2003-12-02 11:37:14
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Red Hat 9 Backups
From: WTSmith AT maine DOT edu (Wayne T Smith)
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 11:37:14 -0500
Jon D. Benson quoted Veritas support, in part:
> "The reason you get the 174 errors is because NetBackup doesn't
> support RedHat 9 at this time.  ...

Bull.  The reason Netbackup fails is that it's broken by design and is
unable to function with RH9.  The reason Veritas refuses to care about
the problem is that they can call RH9 an unsupported platform.

The reason Veritas has failed to correct this problem affecting many
customers, is unknown to me ... but IMHO probably includes something we
often see today:  "quality" gets throw in the trunk, while marketing of
new customers rides up front.  :-(

cheers tomorrow, wayne