Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup 4.5 Advance Reporter

2003-09-18 09:05:33
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 4.5 Advance Reporter
From: boatm005 AT groupwise.umn DOT edu (Paul Boatman)
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 08:05:33 -0500
In my opinion, Advanced Reporter is essentially worthless.  Every report that
my upper management wants to see, we have to export the data to a spreadsheet
and massage it, in order to get percentages and real world numbers etc.

Also, in order to export the graphs, we have to screen capture them. I expect
much more considering the high cost of these products.

- Paul

>>> Dennis Caparas <dcaparas AT borland DOT com> 09/17/03 12:53PM >>>
Hi admins,

Master server is Solaris 9 runnning Netbackup 4.5 MP3 .
My managers are looking for a reporting tool which can give some pretty good
statistics.
Please give your opinion about the Advance Reporter ( benefits,
functionality..etc.)

Thanks in advance,
Dennis