Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup 4.5 Advance Reporter

2003-09-17 16:23:53
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 4.5 Advance Reporter
From: Paul.Griese AT TeleCheck DOT com (Paul.Griese AT TeleCheck DOT com)
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 15:23:53 -0500

------_=_NextPart_001_01C37D59.9CFAF680

I agree. I have Project Managers who always ask for statistics that NBAR
cannot provide. For example, I was asked to provide a report that shows all
successful Restores, for an entire month, of three particular clients in
which the restore purpose was only for our "Duplication" project. From what
I can see, NBAR cannot be that specific in its restore reporting - it will
show you all restores for all clients during a certain time period, but you
cannot filter it to display specific clients. The lack of a way to modify,
or filter, the report display, is the problem.

Instead, we wind up having to write scripts, or use the command line, for
almost every single Manager's or Departmental request.

Paul Griese
System Management
713-331-6454