Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] exchange backup problems

2003-06-20 09:49:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] exchange backup problems
From: Quarantine AT GSCCCA DOT ORG (Quarantine)
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 09:49:02 -0400
Sorry if some of you read this twice.  The list software saw the original
post as > 20 KB (it wasn't) and wouldn't post it.

Thanks Scott.  I'll pass this on to support and see what they say.  Hard to
argue with the documentation.  Of course, they may just be putting me in a
non-standard configuration to try to fix the problem.  I still don't like
it.

Another bit of information:  Veritas support says that the problem is with
msvcrt.dll (Microsoft C runtime compiler).  Veritas says that MP4 should
take this to version 8.*.  However, there seem to be two problems with this:

1.  It doesn't seem that 8.* exists.  According to the MS DLL database,
7.0.3790.0 is the latest version, and it's shipping with Server 2003.
2.  Msvcrt.dll isn't included in MP4.  Support said that we could extract
MP4 and replace the file without applying MP4, but the file isn't there.

Anybody have any idea?  We're waiting to hear back from support.

Thanks,

Matt