Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Mixing netbackups - 2 situations

2003-05-09 14:07:04
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Mixing netbackups - 2 situations
From: vbperry AT hotmail DOT com (Perry Brown)
Date: Fri, 09 May 2003 18:07:04 +0000
I am not sure what version of Exchange you are talking about here. We are
running Exchange 2000, and we do not use the Netbackup Exchange agent and we
do not shutdown Exchange to back it up. When Exchange was installed it added
in the NTbackup section an option for backing up Exchange which we do to
disk then send if off to tape via a regular file system backup in NetBackup.
Yes the system takes some of a preformance hit during the backup but it
would if it were running the NetBackup exchange agent as well.

We do not do brick level backups but the Exchange kit has a utility for
doing that should you want to back up some mail boxes, again no NetBackup
agent.

Our Exchange admins have done restores of a full server and of idividual
mailboxes with 100% success.