Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Re: [Veritas-vx] VxVm 3.5 vs 3.2

2003-05-07 17:19:23
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re: [Veritas-vx] VxVm 3.5 vs 3.2
From: vandevegt AT yahoo DOT com (Jim VandeVegt)
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 14:19:23 -0700 (PDT)
--- Mark Sandrock <sandrock AT urbana.css.mot DOT com> wrote:
> > > Although I'm aware of few 'inconvenient' differences (a much
> slower VEA
> > > replaces VMSA, for example), but I haven't heard any horror
> stories
> > > about using 3.5.   Does anyone know of  reasons to be wary of
> installing
> > > 3.5?

Offhand, I'd agree with most that VEA is a step backward from VMSA. I
can't comment on VXVA because I never extensively used it.

IMHO, VEA does not have as good a layout display as VMSA, and it is
slower.

Note to Veritas or Sun: what the #%*@ is up with these Java apps like
VEA and jnbSA that they won't function correctly under mouse focus?
VMSA was a java app that worked correctly, why can't the other two?

I'm a long-time twm user (the original and current standard Xwindows
window manager) and I get very frustrated when I have to manually
lock focus on a window in order for the entry boxes to accept my
keypresses. There's absolutely no acceptable reason for this -- it
goes against basic Xwindows principles.

=====
Jim VandeVegt
vandevegt AT yahoo DOT com vandevegt AT avaya DOT com
There is no luck except where there is discipline.