Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] ssh X11 forwarding and jnbSA

2003-02-06 21:58:54
Subject: [Veritas-bu] ssh X11 forwarding and jnbSA
From: jon_bousselot AT sd.vrtx DOT com (Jon Bousselot)
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 18:58:54 -0800
I connect from home occasionally when I need to do work after hours.
That is where I have a slow connection over DSL.  At work, we have the
local LAN which is plenty fast, but for some reason gives me less
information through SSH than the slow connection to home.  I have the
java admin client installed on my desktop machine at work, so I'm not
forced to use SSH in the office.  I've heard of people using VNC through
SSH, but because I only need to connect remotely on a few occasions, I
have not dedicated much time learning how to set it up.

Do you have any explanations or documentation about the unset commands
you are using?  I see Sun's document page has a few things about these
variables.
My desktop system at work and at home is Linux.  I use XFree86 Version
4.2.0 on both.  The NBU server is 4.5MP2.

-Jon