Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RE: Killing/deleting hung jobs with NBU 4.5

2002-09-24 21:22:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RE: Killing/deleting hung jobs with NBU 4.5
From: MTNiehaus AT MarathonOil DOT com (Niehaus, Michael T.)
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 20:22:22 -0500
For a while, I was getting it every 10 minutes for every backup job.  This
seemed to be a timing issue, caused by one of our media servers being down.
When we brought it back up again, everything (almost) started working again.

We too see status 50's during duplicate operations (running the 4.5 Vault
option), but haven't reported it to Veritas yet.

The immediate problem I'm trying to solve involves jobs that don't get 50's -
they show active even though the BPSCHED process is gone on the master server.
Rebooting the server will turn these jobs into 50's, but I prefer some way that
doesn't include a server reboot.

I did try restarting the "NetBackup Request Manager" service today to solve a
different problem: NetBackup stopped scheduling new jobs.  All active jobs
continued without interruption - no error 50's.

-Michael