Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Disk to Disk Backups

2002-03-06 16:11:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Disk to Disk Backups
From: joe AT joe DOT net (Johnny Oestergaard)
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 22:11:09 +0100
We have tried to do diskbackups to see if it's faster, but what we have
seen is that is't faster to use tapes.
Our disksubsystem is a STK SVA9500 and the tapedrives are STK 9940 all using FC
But if you use DLT it could be that it's faster to disk.

I know about sites where they use STK VSM systems and that should be fast,
but I have never tried that.

/johnny