Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Disk to Disk Backups

2002-03-06 21:44:54
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Disk to Disk Backups
From: jonw AT n2h2 DOT com (Jon Walton)
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 18:44:54 -0800 (PST)
My view on this is that database replication is a must.   Terrabytes of
data takes time to move, even with big hardware.   Having a warm standby
or clustered environment which gets transaction-level updates takes away a
huge part of the risk, especially when downtime is unacceptable.

Of course this does not alleviate the backup/restore needs, it just puts
less pressure on the backup/restore system.

-Jon