Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] (no subject)

2002-03-05 23:35:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] (no subject)
From: Fabbro.Andrew AT cnf DOT com (Fabbro, Andrew P)
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 20:35:55 -0800

------_=_NextPart_001_01C1C4C8.67969670

An important thing you seem to be missing is shipping a Netbackup database
tape with these tapes ;)  If you have a disaster, you do not want to have to
manually import all these tapes (hours per tape).

You could add a script to auto-eject them.  Actually, that's what bpvault
does, though you could be smarter than it is.  If you have 20 tapes to eject
and only 14 slots in our mailslot, have your script create two scripts
instead of one and run the first one automatically.  Then when the
operators/admins/tape monkeys/whoever cleans out the mail slot, they/you can
run the second one.