Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Grau ADIC Library / dasadmin and config trouble

2002-02-08 05:10:54
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Grau ADIC Library / dasadmin and config trouble
From: axel-kunze AT web DOT de (axel-kunze AT web DOT de)
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 11:10:54 +0100
Hi dear list members !

At the moment I've serious trouble with this OS/2 desktop controlling
the ADIC library. We extended the /das/etc/config file with the new
mediaserver and it's drives, but the DAS software doesn't execute the
permissions in this config file.

When I do a

dasadmin show -ac client, all tape and volume permissions are correct.
dasadmin show -op client, the permissions for mounting and dismounting are
correct

but whenever I'll want to mount a tape using tlmtest I get :

d_errno = 16, The client is not authorized to make this request.

So we started to enter the config manually with dasadmin scop / scap,
but this works only until the next reboot ...

Has somebody seen this behaviour ? My customer tries now to contact the Grau /
ADIC Hotline, but they don't respond ...

Thanks in advance

Regards

Axel Kunze