Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Recovery of a Netbackup Database?

2002-02-07 21:03:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Recovery of a Netbackup Database?
From: vidit_k AT hotmail DOT com (vidit kohli)
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 21:03:52
You use the 'bprecover' command to restore the NetBackup database.
NetBackup
can mount the tape if the tape is in a robot and enough of the
NetBackup
database still exists so that NetBackup knows the tape is in the robot.
In
that case, you would specify the media ID and media type (density) and
the
tape would be mounted. For example:
bprecover -ev b00003 -d 8mm

If NetBackup does not know where the tape is or cannot mount it, you
would
manually mount the tape and specify the device path. For example:
bprecover -tpath /dev/rmt/0cbn

Chapter 5 of the Troubleshooting Guide explains disaster recovery
procedures.

Here is some more information about the 'bprecover' command.

# which bprecover
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bprecover
# bprecover -help
bprecover: -l -ev media id -d density [-v]
           -l -tpath <raw_tape_device_path> [-v]
           -l -dpath <disk_device_path> [-v]
           -l -opath <optical_device_path> [-v]
           -r [ALL|image_number] -ev media id -d density [-stdout]
[-dhost
<dest
ination_host>] [-v]
           -r [ALL|image_number] -tpath <raw_tape_device_path>
[-stdout]
[-dhost
<destination_host>] [-v]
           -r [ALL|image_number] -dpath <disk_device_path> [-stdout]
[-dhost
<de
stination_host>] [-v]
           -r [ALL|image_number] -opath <optical_device_path> [-stdout]
[-dhost
<destination_host>] [-v]
#
#
# bprecover -l -ev b00003 -d 8mm
Database Backup Information from B00003

Created:      02/06/02 18:08:30
Server:       megatron
Block size:   32768

            Path
            ----
IMAGE1      /usr/openv/netbackup/db
IMAGE2      /usr/openv/volmgr/database
IMAGE3      /usr/openv/var
#
#
# echo $MANPATH
/usr/share/man:/usr/share/man/man*:/usr/share/man/sman*:/usr/man:/usr/openwi
n/ma
n:/usr/local/man:/usr/openv/man/share/man
#
#
# man bprecover
Reformatting page.  Please Wait... done

bprecover(1M)
bprecover(1M)

NAME
      bprecover - recover selected NetBackup related catalogs

SYNOPSIS
      /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bprecover [-v]

      -l -ev media_id -d density [-v]

      -l -dpath disk_path [-v]

      -l -tpath tape_device_path [-v]

      -l -opath optical_device_path [-v]

      -r [all | ALL | image_number] -ev media_id -d density [-stdout]
[-dhost
           destination_host] [-v]

      -r [all | ALL | image_number] -dpath disk_device_path [-stdout]
[-dhost
           destination_host] [-v]
<snip>
#

The manpage for 'bprecover' is also in Appendix A of the System
Administrator's Guide.