Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NT script help - expire images on disk

2002-02-08 10:25:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NT script help - expire images on disk
From: plb AT iotk DOT com (Peter L. Buschman)
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2002 16:25:10 +0100
Lee Anne:

You might want to consider using a language like Perl for this, as it is
much more flexible
than the native NT batch language.  Using the NBUX extensions with
ActivePerl on NT, it
would be pretty easy to create a script that does these expirations for you.

In particular, identifying the images to be expired becomes just a matter
of identifying all the
images for which 2 copies exist (the original and the duplicate) and
calling bpexpdate to
expire the original which is on-disk.

I'd be happy to help you get something like this working as I need someone
to help validate
some of the core functions of the NBUX toolkit on NT.

Best regards,

--PLB