Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Configuring NBU for MS-Exchange backup :-(

2002-01-31 11:26:12
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Configuring NBU for MS-Exchange backup :-(
From: Dariusz.Klar AT Sun DOT COM (Dariusz Klar)
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 17:26:12 +0100
Hi gurus,

Environment:
NBU 3.4 Data Center on Solaris 8 platform. One Master
server and four media servers. All on Solaris platform.

On Windows NT server with Exchange 5.5, Netbackup client
software and data base agent for exchange was installed
with full available features and subfeatures.

As documentation described, I've created NT account and
MS-Exchange mailbox for this account. After that I need
to configure NetBackup to use the mailbox associated with
the Netbackup client service account.

In "VERITAS NetBackup 3.4 for Microsoft Exchange Server
System Administrator?s Guide - Windows NT" on page 20
is written:

****
"This configuration must be performed from an NT Master
Server, Media Server, or Administration Client"
****

I can't configure from NT Master Server because I use
Master Server based on Solaris platform.

So, my question is:

How can I configure "NetBackup to use the mailbox associated
with the Netbackup client service account" from Media Server
or Administration Client installed on Windows NT Server with
Exchange on-board ? It's not explained in documentation or
I missed something.

regards,

Darek