Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpbackupdb not behaving as documented?

2002-01-18 08:56:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpbackupdb not behaving as documented?
From: Jason.Ahrens AT telus DOT com (Jason Ahrens)
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 08:56:18 -0500
According to the documentation of bpbackupdb, it will fail with a non-zero
return if you try to run it while other backups are in progress.

Currently, I am doing a manual backup of a client for a test. I decided to
test bpbackupdb to ensure things were working as I expected. What I found
though is that bpbackupdb doesn't fail if a backup is in progress, instead
it seems to happpilly go along and start doing a DB backup of an active
database...

Is there something I'm missing?

Jason

--