Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpbackupdb not behaving as documented?

2002-01-18 11:28:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpbackupdb not behaving as documented?
From: Jason.Ahrens AT telus DOT com (Jason Ahrens)
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 11:28:27 -0500
I see my mistake now. The administrator's guide states "If backupdb fails
because other backups are in progress, retry when no other NetBackup
activity is occurring." I took this to mean 'backups' in general, but on
rereading I see it probably means 'other bpbackupdb commands'

Well, I can keep checking for activity and wait for a quiet time.
Unfortunatly shutting down netbackup to do a DB dump will set off alarms in
our monitoring system as it'll think NetBackup has malfunctioned.. Hmm...

Jason