Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Help, lost control file

2001-10-12 01:49:57
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Help, lost control file
From: ceverett AT virtual DOT com (Craig Everett)
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 23:49:57 -0600
I'm running a demo database with Oracle 8 and I've lost the control
file. When I connect internal and startup the database I get an ora
error 00205 error identifying control file. Looking in the database
directory where the dbf and redo files are the ctl files are gone. Is
there anyway to get the database to start up with out the control file.
Maybe a recovery feature I'm not aware of. Is a full recovery or rebuild
from scratch the only way to get this database back up and running
properly?

Thanks in advance,

Oracle Newbie,