Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] /etc/system settings

2001-03-19 11:36:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] /etc/system settings
From: dfdwyer AT tecoenergy DOT com (Dennis Dwyer)
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 11:36:03 -0500
I'm assuming that these should be set on my Sun E450 NetBackup server since
that is the only Solaris server in the equation, however, are there similar
settings that have to be made on the NT clients?

I did look to see if there were already entries such as these on my NBU server
and there are not. Can I assume there are defaults set and how can I find out
what they are? Where can I find more detailed information on these entries and
what they mean?

Man ... I love this list group. I learn new stuff everyday.

Thanks for the assistance.

Regards,
Dennis

Quote: "Time is not a test of the truth"
Translation: Just because you've always done it that way, doesn't make it right

Dennis F. Dwyer
Enterprise Storage Manager
Tampa Electric Company

(813) 225-5181  - Voice
(813) 275-3599  - FAX

Visit our corporate website at www.tecoenergy.com

>>> Lou Costabile <luis AT bellglobal DOT com> 03/19/01 10:41AM >>>

I found setting these in /etc/system on solaris works best with Cisco
5500's,  and I agree with who ever made the comment, autonegotiation
doesn't work.  These options will globally affect all hme and qfe
interfaces.

set hme:hme_adv_autoneg_cap=0
set hme:hme_adv_100fdx_cap=1
set hme:hme_adv_100hdx_cap=0