Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] /etc/system settings

2001-03-19 12:39:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] /etc/system settings
From: Matthew.Stier AT fnc.fujitsu DOT com (Matthew Stier)
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 12:39:03 -0500
Actually, the problem is not speed or simplex/duplex auto-negotiation.

On Cisco EtherSwitches, the 10/100 ports negotiate channeling and
trunking by default.  The delay caused by channel and trunk negotiation
are what confuses the Sun's HME (or any other 10/100 ) NIC.

If you disable channel and trunk negotiations on the port your Sun
server is attached to, you will see the problem go away.

Here is Cisco's page on the issue: