Networker

Re: [Networker] Jukebox control port using persistent names

2012-10-26 02:08:53
Subject: Re: [Networker] Jukebox control port using persistent names
From: Riku Valli <riku.valli AT UTA DOT FI>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 09:08:22 +0300
On 10/26/2012 01:31 AM, Davina Treiber wrote:
> On 25/10/12 19:48, Yaron Zabary wrote:
>>   That's the relevant part from the res file. Just shutdown Networker
>> and edit the res file to point at the right by-id device.
>>
>> application key:;
>> application name:;
>> auto clean: Yes;
>> auto media management: No;
>> autodetect id: <OVERLANDNEO Series      0636 at SCSI Bus 3 Target 1 LUN 1>;
>> available slots: 1-499;
>> bar code reader: Yes;
>> cleaning delay: 60;
>> cleaning slots: 500-500;
>> comment:;
>> control port: /dev/tape/by-id/scsi-200900de794120009;
> There's no need to shutdown NetWorker or edit res files. The control
> port is a field you can modify.
I used  persistent names at my Redhat box and 7.6.3 with NMC. You can
made jukebox and tape-devices very easily with persistent names. It's
that simple and quickly at when my RedHat lost devices and i must
recreate them i used NMC for it. Persistent names are mandatory for
Linux or you lost devices at every boot.

-- Riku