Networker

Re: [Networker] Wish List for Networker v8.0

2012-04-25 14:51:42
Subject: Re: [Networker] Wish List for Networker v8.0
From: jee <jee AT ERESMAS DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 19:48:56 +0100
Hi Preston,

I think you are assuming "Networker configuration changes" but maintenance
operations may have to do with emergency work too.

If I have a busy server and a big problem with devices (or any other that may
need immediate attention) it would be nice to be able to put all or some jobs
on hold by just raising a fence. Depending on the configured priority or
priorities  of client , pool , group, etc,  that fence would prevent new jobs
from starting if it is not a good time (as it always happens...).

This feature would have been very useful in so many occasions. It was a key
one for maintenace work when I worked with Tivoly Maestro (TWS) years ago.

I really wish Networker had something like that. But because it doesn't,  I
have to nsradmin/disable all the jobs when required. It works, but  that is  a
workaround and not a feature.

jee