Networker

Re: [Networker] Why isnt this browsable?

2012-04-02 08:23:38
Subject: Re: [Networker] Why isnt this browsable?
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2012 08:23:31 -0400
> Michael,
>
> it is browseable from the status. That's what mminfo tells you.
> However the index is empty. You can verify this with "nsrls client".

Yes, but why? The index should have been rebuilt with "scanner -i".

> As i mentioned in my response on 03/26, this may happen due to a
> known problem. You better follow my advise to monitor the end of
> EACH scanned save set carefully.

There is only one tape, in this instance. This is a different problem from
the one I mentioned earlier - this one tape was made by a different NW
server than even the tapes made by a different NW server that I mentioned
before. :-) The previous problem was with savesets that spanned multiple
tapes; this problem is with a saveset completely contained within one
tape.