Networker

[Networker] Problems using VB script as pre/post command

2010-11-22 15:31:28
Subject: [Networker] Problems using VB script as pre/post command
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 15:29:16 -0500
We use SourceOne from EMC as mail archiving for our Lotus Notes
environment. They provide 2 VB scripts to pause SourceOne, so it can be
backed up, and 2 more to resume it, when the backup is done. The scripts
work perfectly fine from the command line, but are not working when I
attempt to use them as pre/post commands.

Here's my .res file on the SourceOne client:

type: savepnpc;
precmd: "C:\\PHA_Scripts\\SuspendSourceOne.CMD";
pstcmd: "C:\\PHA_Scripts\\ResumeSourceOne.CMD";
timeout: "12:00:00";
abort precmd with group: No;

So the "precmd" is a script I wrote, to call each VB script in sequence.
Similarly for the postcmd.

SuspendSourceOne.CMD:
TITLE %0

ECHO "Job start - %DATE% %TIME%" >>"C:\PHA_Scripts\logs\Suspend.log"
ECHO "Stopping Archive %TIME%" >>"C:\PHA_Scripts\logs\Suspend.log"
C:\PHA_Scripts\ES1_NativeArchiveSuspend.vbs
ECHO "Stopping Activity %TIME%" >>"C:\PHA_Scripts\logs\Suspend.log"
C:\PHA_Scripts\ES1_ActivitySuspend.vbs

Straight forward enough. Write a line to a log file; execute VB script.
And this SuspendSourceOne.CMD scripts works flawlessly from a standard
command prompt in Win2003. But does not seem to work when called by
Networker. I see - in the Windows Event Log -

Event Type:     Error
Event Source:   EMC SourceOne
Event Category: ExASAdminAPI
Event ID:       1024